With a little home maintenance, your drains can remain clog free. No one enjoys the expense of a plumbing service, and drain maintenance can be a relatively easy job, especially if you have the correct tools on hand.
Most popular drain maintenance equipment can be found in your local hardware store. With the help of a few basic tools, you can keep your house free of plumbing problems. The basic tools are:
- A professional quality plunger toilet augers and drain cleaners
- Rooters for drain cleaning
- Drain Auger
- heavy-duty drain cleaners
The most basic at-home method for clearing a clogged drain involve using a heavy duty drain cleaner, or if you don’t have one on hand, try using some baking soda, or vinegar and plenty of hot water.
In order to avoid this situation, here’s a few basic tips to help maintain smooth running drains.
- Avoid disposing of liquids that will turn to a solid state in a few hours down the drain. When liquids like these, such as bacon grease, go in, they can create a block.
- It s a good idea to run hot water down your drains from time to time. Periodically doing this can keep a potential clog at bay.
- Flush your drains with baking soda. This will keep both grime and fatty deposits at bay.
- A sink free of food particles will keep your drains cleaner. Remove plate scrapings and food residue from your drain traps immediately after washing dishes. This will ensure that they don’t get into the drains and cause a potential clog.
If a clog does occur, and baking soda, hot water and vinegar don’t do the trick, please contact us and we will gladly solve your problem: Superior Plumbing and Air.